3.1. Prescription and Assessment: An Overview
Chapter 3: Prescription and Assessment - An Overview
This chapter reviews the next phase of getting your wheelchair in which you will work with your team to find the best equipment to meet your needs. Step 3: Getting a wheelchair prescription, and Step 4: Attending your wheelchair assessment, will be discussed in detail.
In this chapter we will answer the following questions:
- Who will write my prescription for a wheelchair assessment?
- Why I need a prescription for a wheelchair assessment?
- Who makes the appointment for my wheelchair assessment?
- Who will be at my wheelchair assessment?
- What can I expect to happen at my assessment?
- Do I have to do anything at my assessment?
- What questions should I ask my clinician or therapist and supplier?
- What is a 'letter of medical necessity' and what does it have to do with my prescription and assessment?