6.2. Step 8: Equipment Delivery
Step 8: Equipment Delivery
- Equipment Delivery Overview
- What to Expect at your Equipment Delivery
- Downloadable Overview of What to Expect
Equipment Delivery Overview
Your clinic will contact you for an appointment to deliver your equipment. However, you have every right to call the supplier to ask them what the status is on your wheelchair approval and delivery before they contact you.
- Once the wheelchair is received by the supplier they will let the clinic know
- The clinic should call you to schedule an appointment for delivery
- Attend your equipment delivery
What to Expect at your Equipment Delivery
At your equipment delivery you will not simply receive your wheelchair, but you also attend a scheduled appointment with your prescribing clinician where he or she will ensure that your wheelchair is a good fit and will work for you. And this is also an opportunity to learn more about living as a wheelchair user and to ask your clinician and supplier questions about your new chair.
Equipment delivery should include:
- Meeting with your prescribing clinician to assess fit, positioning, and equipment set up
- Receiving information and education about pressure management, operational skills, safety, and more
- Learning how you should deal with clinical or equipment issues in the future