8.2. Manual Wheelchair Information
Click on the PDF below for a slideshow that will cover the following topics along with photos.
The slideshow will discuss the basics of manual wheelchair function and set-up. The following subjects will be provided:
- Description of the different types of manual wheelchairs
- The Medicare codes are mentioned for use when you work with the therapist and wheelchair supplier. For more information about Medicare click here.
- Different types of components will be discussed
- The set-up of a manual wheelchair or configuration will be discussed. This is how you set your wheelchair up to fit your lifestyle and physical abilities.
- The recommended way to push your manual wheelchair will be shown. This is important so you don't injure your shoulders or arms.