HomeVeterans Guide to VA Insurance BenefitsService-Disabled Veterans Insurance (S-DVI)How to Apply

6.6. How to Apply

Veterans who are granted service-connection for a disability will receive VA form 29-4364, Application For Service-Disabled Veterans Life Insurance (http://www.insurance.va.gov/gli/forms/29-4364.htm), along with their Notice of Disability Rating.  You must apply within two years from the date VA notifies you that you have been granted a new service-connected disability.  You can apply for S-DVI online using our AutoForm application.

To apply for Supplemental S-DVI, you must file VA Form 29-0188 (http://www.insurance.va.gov/gli/forms/29-0188.pdf) , Application for Supplemental Service-Disabled Veterans (RH) Life Insurance or send a letter requesting this insurance over your signature.  You must apply for the coverage within one year from being notified by VA of your S-DVI premium waiver.

This page was: Helpful | Not Helpful