HomeMilitary Separation Guide for Active Duty PersonnelImportant DocumentsCorrecting Inaccurate Military Records

2.5. Correcting Inaccurate Military Records

Each branch of the military has its own procedures for correcting service members' military records. After reviewing your service records, if you believe that there is an error, you should complete and file DD Form 149 ("Application for Correction of Military or Naval Record"). The form can be submitted by the service member or veteran, a survivor, or a legal representative. This form is available at www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/correcting-records.html.

This page was: Helpful | Not Helpful