HomeMilitary Separation Guide for Active Duty PersonnelImportant DocumentsNational Personnel Records

2.7. National Personnel Records

You or your next-of-kin can request a copy of your DD Form 214, your service medical records and other service-related documents at any time, even after your separation from active service, online by going to the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) website at www.vetrecs.archives.gov/. You can also request a copy by mail by completing and submitting SF 180 ("Request Pertaining to Military Records") to the NPRC. You can obtain this form through the NPRC website, or request the form by fax by calling the NPRC's Fax-on-Demand System at (301) 837-0990 from a fax machine, using the handset. Follow the voice instructions, and request document number 2255. For assistance, call (314) 801-0800. Once completed, send the form to:

National Personnel Records Center
Attention: [your service department, e.g., Army Records]
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63132-5000

This page was: Helpful | Not Helpful