HomeMilitary Separation Guide for Active Duty PersonnelGeneral Information Separating Service MembersLegal Assistance for Separating Service Members

3.1. Legal Assistance for Separating Service Members

If you have legal problems, either on or off the installation, legal assistance is available at your place of separation. Contact your installation's Transition Office for referral to a Legal Assistance Officer. This service is not available to you once you leave the military, so you must seek it before you separate.

Retirees can use the base legal office on a space-available basis. Depending on the location, there could be a lengthy wait to see a legal representative. Retirees should contact the base legal office as far in advance as possible to ensure that services will be available.

This page was: Helpful | Not Helpful