HomeMilitary Separation Guide for Active Duty PersonnelGeneral Information Separating Service MembersSocial Security for Separating Service Members

3.6. Social Security for Separating Service Members

It is important to remember that all service members pay into Social Security. Therefore, your time in the military is counted toward your eligibility for Social Security aged-based retirement income, as well as for supplemental security income and disability income. You can contact your local Social Security office, listed under "U.S. Government," in the telephone book. You can also go to www.ssa.gov/, or call 1-800-772-1213.

This page was: Helpful | Not Helpful