HomeMilitary Separation Guide for Active Duty PersonnelGeneral Information Separating Service MembersTransportation to Your New Home

3.9. Transportation to Your New Home

Once you have chosen your new hometown, you should arrange for transportation counseling. Schedule an appointment with your installation's Transportation Office as soon as you have your orders. The reimbursement amount for moving expenses is limited. If you are stationed overseas, you may be authorized to ship an automobile to the United States. Motorcycles may be shipped as part of your personal property. Please note that airline tickets must be purchased from the Commercial Travel Office (CTO) under contract to your branch of service. See www.secureapp2.hqda.pentagon.mil/perdiem/ for more details.

This page was: Helpful | Not Helpful