HomeMilitary Separation Guide for Active Duty PersonnelGeneral Information Separating Service MembersLeaving Your Current Housing

3.10. Leaving Your Current Housing

If you live in military quarters, you are required to arrange a time for a member of the housing staff to come to your home to perform a pre-inspection and to explain the requirements for cleaning and vacating quarters, as well as options available for you to accomplish them. You should make an appointment with the Housing Office as soon as your departure date is established.

If you are moving from a rental property, you should notify your landlord as soon as possible. The Housing Office can assist you with any landlord-tenant problems that you may experience in conjunction with your separation, such as breaking a lease or pre-mature termination.

This page was: Helpful | Not Helpful