6.3. Participant Assistive Products
Participant Assistive Products Benefit Corporation — — Wheelchair product provider — — International
Great medical devices can be affordable. Today, 80% of medical devices are designed for only 20% of the people who need them. To fit tighter budgets and rougher environments, our product design process and company structure are different.
Participant is for-profit
company registered as a Benefit Corporation. Here are a few of our commitments
to social impact.
- Our products are evaluated by outside experts to confirm
that they pass international quality standards.
- We monitor and report the actual efficacy of our products.
Our participants tell us if we are succeeding!
- Our management is evaluated by our board using
environmental and social metrics - as are all employees.
- All products have lifecycle impact assessments. We do not
do ‘planned obsolescence’.
- 5% of our profits are donated to our non-profit partners
so they can serve more people.
- We all participate in the company's success. All employees
are owners regardless of where they live.