Home → Health & Wellness after SCI → Skin Care and Pressure Injuries (formerly referred to as pressure ulcers or pressure sores) → Model System Knowledge Translation Center Factsheets related to skin care and pressure injuries in Spinal Cord Injury
4.1. Model System Knowledge Translation Center Factsheets related to skin care and pressure injuries in Spinal Cord Injury
Model Systems Knowledge Translation Center (MSKTC) Factsheets
The following Pressure Sore 6 part factsheet series was produced through a collaboration between the Model Systems Knowledge Translation Center (MSKTC) and the SCI Model Systems. These materials undergo expert and consumer reviews to ensure they are up-to-date, evidence-based, and consumer-friendly. The health information provided on MSKTC is not meant to replace the advice from a medical professional. You should consult your health care provider regarding specific medical concerns or treatment.
Pressure Sore 6 Part Series:
- Causes and Risks
- Preventing Pressure Sores
- How to do Pressure Reliefs (Weight Shifts)
- Building Skin Tolerance for Pressure
- Areas of the Body at High Risk for Pressure Sores
- Recognizing and Treating Pressure Sores
The following MSKTC factsheet is specifically related to surgical approaches to pressure injuries:
- Surgical and Reconstructive Treatment of Pressure Injuries. Available in English and Spanish, this MSKTC factsheet offers general information about surgical and reconstructive treatment of pressure injuries. The factsheet was developed by Jorge de la Torre, M.D., F.A.C.S., M.S.H.A.; Cheryl Lane, DNP, ANP & FNP, CWCN, CRRN; and Phil Klebine, M.A in collaboration with the MSKTC.